Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

THE WEAVER'S DAUGHTER by SARAH E. LADD

This is  great story that opened my eyes to a trade I knew little about. The author does an exceptional job of giving readers historical facts that make the story come to life. Kate is a wonderful character who has dreams of becoming a part of her father's business. I loved how she tried to convince her father that she should be more involved in the company.

Henry is a pleasant enough person but he sure shocks everyone when he returns home after being feared dead.  There is definitely friction between Kate and Henry's family. You can feel the tension in the air when they encounter each other. I thought it was funny that Kate and Henry kept running into each other. Is romance in their future?

Technology seems to be playing a part in the industry new machines  being introduced. Will this cause weaver's to lose their jobs? Can Kate and Henry find a way to work together to save their families businesses? I liked how Henry stood up to his grandfather. His loyalty to his sister is admirable and I wanted the author to spend a bit more time on where she was and why she is being shunned  by her grandfather.

The story is filled with danger, loyalty, fear, suspense and a romance that makes the story a success. Overall a great book that keeps readers intrigued by the smooth writing of a very gifted author. I can't wait for her next book to come out.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment