Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2019


A KILLER LATTE by TONYA KAPPES

I am packing my bags and moving to Honey Springs, Kentucky. When I get there I will immediately go to the Bean Hive Coffeehouse. As a I open the doors the rich aroma of coffee spills out the door as my new best friend Roxy gives me a hug. After reading this book I want to live in the quaint town that oozes with southern charm.

It’s not everyday that a film crew comes to Honey Springs so the town has their welcome mat out. The story is such fun to read with characters that make me want to grab a seat and chat with them. Roxy is charming and makes the best concoction of coffees in town.

The star of the film sneaks to Roxy’s place to get a Star Studded Latte but on the way back to the set an unforeseen kidnapping happens, Bye bye Latte . Bye Bye Daisy, star of the film that was was just wrapped up. Now the action begins as the town is in a tissy over the crime and a ransom has already been asked for.

It's nor your usual kidnapping and there are so many twists in the story I was trying to write down all the suspects. The author has out done herself in this charming mystery. Aunt Maxie is a hoot and will stop at nothing to get the scoop on the missing film star. After all, she has been promised a spread in the People magazine. She is very astute and has no problems listening to other people's conversations. I can feel the author's personality all through this book. With the southern charm, coffee at the ready and little four legged friends surrounding her, she writes exactly what she knows. Her creative flow is flawless and gives readers a great mystery filled with laughs, excitement and intrigue. You don't want to miss the yummy recipes at the end of the book. Perhaps you could have a book club, make all the recipes and discuss  A Killer Latte.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment