Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2019

A CHRISTMAS HAVEN by
CINDY WOODSMALL & ERIN WOODSMALL

This was a wonderful story about characters that that come from different Amish communities. I love reading the difference between the two. It was intriguing to learn that one of them is very strict and almost seems like they can’t really be themselves. The rules become a problem for Arlan and his sister Madga. I admired how Arlan stood up for his sister and was willing to risk being shunned to keep his sister safe.

Ivy was a great character and shows readers how Amish do question what they have been taught. Ivy wanted a taste of the English life but struggled leaving the Amish. When her world collided with Arlan and Madga it was not by accident. I believe God places us at  the right time. I liked how Ivy and her family opened their home to Arlan and Madga. It was hard for Arlan to see how things were a bit more relaxed in the Amish community that Ivy is a part of.

The story was a nice insight detailing how we all question our beliefs at some point. We all search scripture to make sure we are following God and sometimes it is okay to question when it is not lining up with the Word of God.

Madga had sinned and her family didn’t want anything to do with her. That broke my heart to read how a family could turn their back on someone . We all sin but the good news is God forgives us. I related to Madga because I have been judged before in a church and everyone turned their backs on me. It was like losing a family as I felt alone and ashamed. This story has struggles, judgment, forgiveness, a bit of romance and a wonderful message of forgiveness.

I received an arc copy of this book from the authors. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment