Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2019

HOLIDAY ROAST MORTEM by TONYA KAPPES

One of the things I like most about cozy mysteries is very simple. The stories make me feel warm and cozy as a I settle down to an adventure in small town America. The author is very gifted in her description of the setting in this book. I want to move there and visit every shop. You can feel the friendliness in the town and spend all day visiting with shop keepers.

I absolutely love being  back with Roxy and the gang. She is one smart woman who never gives up . Her knack for finding out the truth is filled with laughter and bumps in the road. Have you ever been in a restaurant and overheard a couple fighting? It can be very uncomfortable as you try to eat your meal with hopes that the couple will leave soon. Roxy and Patrick are at the wrong place at the wrong time when they witness a verbal fight between a couple.

I like how the author sets up the scene as a murder is about to take place. I feel bad for Roxy as once again she finds herself in the middle of a police investigation.  Added to her stress is her ex-husband who shows up to represent a client who happens to be on the opposite side of Roxy’s new client. Patrick sure has some will power as he contains himself seeing Roxy and ex-husband Kirk talking. I think of Kirk as a snake in the grass and I’m not changing my mind.

Secrets, twists and suspects run rampant in this holiday cozy. It takes some detective work from Roxy to sort out lies and misunderstandings. One of the highlights of the story is the ever feisty Aunt Maxi. She is such a fun character and doesn't mind telling people what she thinks. Her spats with Roxy are funny because they are both stubborn. I can't forget to mention how dreamy Patrick is. He is such a catch and takes care of Roxy with such devotion. This was a very enjoyable read and one that will keep you entertained as you join the town of Honey Springs where mystery and excitement await you.

I received a copy of this book from the author. the review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment