Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

NO JOURNEY TOO FAR by CARRIE TURANSKY

I have waited for this story for awhile. I couldn’t wait to see what had happened to Grace and Garth. The author gives us more details of what happens to British Home  Children. It is a must to read the first  book in this series called, No Ocean Too Wide. It will set the stage for who the characters are and their journey to find their family.

This story gives us a look at what happens when these children become young adults and the prejudge they face. It was so hard to read how they were mistreated. Some of them endured physical abuse that was not reported. My heart broke as I read how Grace longed to find her siblings. She was fortunate to be adopted and raised in a loving home. But her parents always  insisted that no one know her past. How sad that they were ashamed of something that Grace had no control over. 

Garth was so determined to find  his siblings that he would travel anywhere to be reunited with them. I loved how the author emphasizes the importance of trusting God throughout the story. When circumstances seemed hopeless, God was there to guide them. I loved the romance that developed between several characters. It was sweet and gave them hope for a better future. I did enjoy the part that finds us front and center in a courtroom. Those scenes were exceptional and allowed us to see how much Emma was loved. Garth’s heart was full of love for Emma and prayed for a future with her. 

I am very happy with the ending but I will confess that I cried. Oh they were happy tears but I have come to love these characters and didn’t want to say goodbye to them. The author writes a compassionate story about how important family is. The journey was hard at times mixed with danger but through it all they never gave up. Their faith was tested but they stood steadfast believing He had a plan for each of them. Welcome home McAlister family. 

I received a copy of this book from the author and Netgalley. The review is my own opinion.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment