Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2021

HOPE THROUGH THE PAGES by PEPPER BASHAM 

This is one of those books  that captures the true feeling of unconditional love. I love that it is a time slip story which is one of my favorite genres. The author has exquisitely written with such depth that I was immediately transported into the time period where the story originates. 

Sadie is a wonderful character and I loved her hunger for books. She is well versed in different genres and I especially liked that she took such good care of each precious book. The treasures found in the library she took care of was fascinating. Her ability to pick out just the right book for someone was inspiring. She may have been a house servant to most people, but to a certain young man she was a princess. 

The romance between Sadie and Oliver was so incredibly sweet that  I cried throughout the book. I thought that Oliver was a wonderful young man who didn’t see Sadie as  anything but a loving, caring woman who he adored.   Their time together is special and I found that they both grew in faith and love for each other. I think the author did a great job of tying their story perfectly with the present as we meet Clara. 

Clara runs a bookstore that she  believes is rightfully hers. Unfortunately someone is trying to take it away from her unless she can produce the deed. For me this is where the past and present come together to produce a long ago romance that reads like a fairytale. I couldn’t put the book down because I was so invested in Sadie and Oliver. I loved that the story is set around a bookstore and the history it hides just behind bookshelves or in between pages of books. It is a masterfully written story that captures the hope of a better life. Clara has many surprises in store for her as she unravels the relationship between Sadie,Oliver and herself. Be prepared to not be able to put the book down as it surrounds you with sadness, joy, hope and most of all unconditional love. 

"I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and Celebrate Lit and  was under no obligation to post a review."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment