Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2021


 A SEASON OF CHANGE BY BETH WISEMAN

I tried so hard to read as slow as I could because I didn’t want to end this journey. The characters have become like family to me and I don’t like goodbyes. Esther and Lizzie are so fun to read about. They made me laugh and shed tears when they faced difficult situations. They are back to meddling in someone’s love life again. Poor Rose will now be the focus of these ladies until she finds her true love. 

This book gives a deeper insight into the characters and I enjoyed finding  out more about them. Esther is a sweet person who finds good in everyone. She is patient and always willing to help others. Lizzie, well she is a feisty person who shares more than she should at times. They both mean well but Rose will have to endure their well meaning meddling. 

Without a doubt my favorite in this entire series is Gus. Oh I know he is a grumpy old man, but deep down he  is a hurting person who wants to be loved. I have always thought he had feelings for Esther so I was anxious to see where the author would take their relationship. Lizzie and Gus have this love/hate friendship but we all know they  act like brother and sister. We get to see a softer  side of Gus at one point which made me cry. This man so desperately wanted to know God and this part of the story is very emotional. It is an exceptional lesson about forgiveness and redemption. I won’t give anything away but don’t overlook the message that it is never to late to have a relationship with God. 

Rose starts to deal with her past and realizes she needs to talk to someone about her childhood. I cried for the little girl who was abused and felt unwanted. I felt her pain when her mother didn’t protect her. I prayed that she would give her bitterness to God and find peace. The author delivers a  look at child abuse in a sensitive way and takes readers through Rose’s personal struggle with forgiveness. 

Benjamin is perfect for Rose if she could just learn to trust him. He tries so hard to seek a relationship but something is holding Rose back. Benjamin never pushes her to share and shows her patience while she fights the pain of her past. He is a good character and I liked how he never gave up on Rose. His compassion will help Rose see that she can trust him and allow him to be a shoulder to lean on. 

I’m sad to say goodbye to this series but I know I will always remember each character. They play a big part in showing what family is and being an example of what unconditional love is. “Love knows no limit  to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of it’s hope…”

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and the author. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment: