Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

POWER OF GOD-GIVEN IMAGINATION by RAY MC COLLUM

I enjoy books that make me think and dig deeper into the Word. THE POWER Of GOD-GIVEN IMAGINATION will take you on a journey of a "gift that God has given every human being." We are have daydreams but don't always act on them. I remember as a kid being told to just use my imagination. It was fun to imagine going to grandma's house and playing tea with her.

Now as I read this book, I realize that we all can use that power of imagination " to dream, desire, envision and  imagine ."  We all have dreams of having the perfect job, or writing the next bestseller. If we start using our gift that God has given us, those dreams can become a reality. The author gives readers many biblical examples of people that had imaginations and it came to pass. One of those mentioned in the bible  was Abraham. He and his wife dreamed of having a child. They envisioned their child and knew that they would have one someday. It might not have happened in their timing , but God knew exactly when it was time to make their desire a reality.

There are great tools in the book to consider as you read this thought provoking book.  I found the book fascinating and loved the scriptures that backed up what he said. God wants the best for us and reminds us to "keep in mind that finding and serving the purpose of God involves a motivation to love and serve others."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment