Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

SPUR OF THE MOMENT BRIDE by ANNE GREENE

What a fun read this was. I love mail order bride stories and this one was full of adventure in the Old West. It had everything you would expect from the 1880s. I loved how the author made me feel like I was riding in the stagecoach with Abbey. I laughed when she found herself on the way to Laramie to meet her husband to be. She sure had a list of what she wanted in a husband. What was so funny about her list was that  she wanted to marry a man who would make her father mad. Well what else could she do when she is kicked out of her comfortable lifestyle and ordered to find a husband in thirty days?

I loved the lively characters she rode with on her journey. It reminded me of when someone has a crush they want to try and impress that person. Abby is not swayed by their silly antics but it sure made for  some funny moments. It must have been a little scary in those   days to travel by yourself crammed in a stagecoach with men who were less than friendly to each other. I loved how Abby prayed about her situation and trusted God to get her safely to her destination.

 I'm not telling anymore about the book, cause  I don't want to spoil it. I will say that it is a great book about how sometimes the person you are looking for could be right in front of you. It's an easy read packed with a spunky woman  who is determined to obey her father while leaning on God to direct her path.

"Funny how God can put two people together who live in different places."

I received a copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment