Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

MY HEART BELONGS in RUBY CITY, IDAHO by SUSANNE DIETZE

I feel like I just time traveled back to the late 1800s in the Wild West. What wonderful writing and vivid details the author gave which helped me visualize Ruby City, Idaho. The town was filled with places like a mercantile, boardinghouse , and a sheriff. The people in the town were funny at times and devious at other times. I could see the dust as horses trotted by and women hurrying to buy meager supplies to feed their families.

Rebecca Rice has traveled to Ruby City to get married. It sure wasn't an easy stagecoach ride when something happens to shake her up. I loved her spunk and trust in the Lord. After  arriving at her destination, a mixup happens and she marries the wrong man. Oh I laughed so hard when this  happened. It takes her a bit to figure out her mistake.  I guess when  you have only corresponded with your  future husband you are bound to misunderstand the name being said as you say I do.

I loved how Rebecca fit in with the townspeople and although she married the wrong man, she still honored her intention to fix her mistake. There is plenty of excitement in the town with an upcoming Fourth of July celebration and did I mention an outlaw gang may visit? I loved both of the gentleman who wanted Rebecca's hand in marriage. Will Rebecca get an annulment and marry the person she came to Ruby City to marry? What happens to the man she mistakenly married? This is a very enjoyable story that made me not want it to end. I was glued to the pages as Rebecca seeks love. Grab your copy of this adventure to the late 1800s where two men wait for their future bride only to find a woman  who will changes many lives.

I received a complementary copy of this book from the author and Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment