Search This Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2017

SURPRISED BY LOVE IN LAKE GENEVA , WISCONSIN b y PAMELA S. MEYERS

There are some books that stay with you long after you have read the last page. This book is one of them. The author has taken me back to the 1930s with words that capture the era with splendid details. I loved the description of the town . It was like a breath of fresh air with the authors vivid details of a small town where you feel instantly at home.

Meg is a wonderful character with grace and determination. Her desire to be a reporter is no secret to anyone. I loved how the author showed that it wasn't easy for a woman to get  a job that was thought of as a man's job. What I really liked about Meg was her faith. She had times  where she wondered if God was listening to her, but she never gave up. I loved how she struggled with trust and it made the story very compelling. I'm sure we have all struggled at times with trusting God.

Jack was a good character and I liked his honesty and his willingness to help out at the newspaper. Circumstances happen to allow Jack to run the local newspaper for awhile. Will he give Meg a chance to write a story to be printed? I loved how Meg shared God with Jack and got him to start going to church. Can Jack open his heart and let God in?

One of my favorite parts of the story was the disagreement Meg and her dad had over her future. I thought the author wrote a powerful storyline about how a father wants the best for his child . The pain and hurt that they both felt was an incredible journey of trusting and unconditional love. It was one of the most emotional times in the story where I cried, because I wanted father and daughter to mend their relationship.

I loved how the author included a bit of a mystery in the story that will affect  several keys characters . What secret is revealed that will change the lives of several people? I loved everything about the book and always look forward to the authors next book . It was one the best books I've read about learning to trust God and restoring relationships.

I received a copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment