Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

SAVING GIDEON by AMY LILLARD

When it seems like something bad has happened, God finds a way to make it better. Avery has grown up in a very wealthy family. She has everything she wants and is happy with her life. After a disastrous encounter with the man she was going to marry, she drives off and ends up on the side of the road deep in snow and unconscious. It's not everyday that Gideon finds a stranded woman with a yappy dog but he takes her to his farm. From the moment Avery enters Gideon's life, everything changes.

I loved Gideon so much. He has suffered a devastating loss and has turned his back on God. It seems that no one can reach him and his anger is crushing his soul. I always  love when an author gives some background about the Amish and their beliefs. I didn't know that they don't believe in headstones , only plain crosses and no flowers on the grave.  The author really did a great job of developing both characters and I found myself rooting for them. I felt like I was a visitor watching them have meals together and taking care of the farm. The author writes with clarity  and draws readers into the story with words that help you visualize everything.

As Avery or I should say "Annie" adjusts to her new surroundings she starts to feel at home. Somehow she talks Gideon into letting her stay at the farm. I loved how Annie took to the plain  life and it was just what she needed . The author has weaved two people from different backgrounds into a story that shows how opposites do attract. Gideon has lost his faith but will Annie help him find it again? What will the community think of an outsider staying with Gideon? Don't miss this emotional story of healing, faith, love and forgiveness.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment