Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2022


 THE LADY OF GALWAY MANOR BY JENNIFER DEIBEL

A breathtaking story set in 1920 along the gorgeous countryside of Ireland. I have always wanted to go to Ireland and see all the historical sites it has to offer. The author helped me get there through her words that danced across the pages as I envisioned what it looked like during this time period. 

Lady Anna is a delightful character with charm, grace and elegance. She may come from an influential family but she does not like to flaunt that fact around. Indeed she is an humble woman with a pure heart and willingness to help others. I loved that Anna wanted to learn more about the craft of designing jewelry and was thrilled when she was offered an opportunity to show her talent. 

Stephen was not my favorite character at first because he seemed a little rude and way too protective of the family business. He judged Anna at first because of who her father was so it took me a bit to at least tolerate him. Stephen is still angry about the problems between the British and Irish which does cause friction between him and Anna at times. 

The story is good at times but does seem to stall at certain points which caused me to lose interest at times. The author does show how both characters need to work on some issues which makes them face trust, loyalty and forgiveness. Set against the backdrop of turmoil between two countries it is a look at how we need to look at both sides before placing blame or judgment. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads Blogger Program. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment