Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2015

THE BISHOP'S SON by KELLY IRVIN

I love Amish stories and was thrilled when I received a copy of this book. I have read the author's previous book in this series, so I anxious to see how this story would flow. The story is about two young people that each face a decision that causes change in all areas of their life. Leila will find that two men have captured her heart. Who will she go with? Sometimes when we are in love, we don't see their flaws. We try to ignore them and subsequently our decision can have consequences that will be hard to overcome.

What if you were The Bishop's son and you felt your faith wavering ? Would you seek guidance or walk away? Jesse will make that difficult choice and many others . The story weaves through the trails of making hard decisions and waiting on God to direct their path. Do we wrestle with waiting for an answer from God? I won't tell you what the characters decide, but I will say that the author tackles difficult subjects with wisdom that keeps the reader glued to the story.

Take a journey to The Amish of Bee County as these young people make choices that may not be right, but they know that they have family, the community and their faith to guide them.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild group which I am a member of for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment