Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2017

WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS by ANE MULLIGAN

Wow! I just finished reading this book and I am so impressed by the intrigue, adventure, and outstanding characters. The author did such an amazing job on giving us a peek at what it's like to work around senators and other high powered officials . Her intricate details were so spot on that I felt like I was there watching government in action. What is really impressive is how the story weaves through different characters and gives us glimpses of how God works. I loved how a few of the characters struggled at times with their faith and how they relied on Him in their weakest moments.

Sienna is a very straight forward young woman hoping to make a difference in the political arena. She has moved from her hometown and is ready to jump in with enthusiasm. Do you remember what it was like when you landed the job you had always dreamed about? For Sienna it seems she has been waiting for just the right opportunity. Will the job compromise her beliefs? Can she do her job and not be tempted by worldly values? There are moments in the story where Sienna really starts to question where God is. Have you ever felt like He isn't listening to you? I loved how vulnerable she felt at times and her willingness to say she is angry with Him. As she gets more involved in her job, the story takes on an intriguing twist that literary had me on the edge of my seat.

The story has everything you look for in a romantic suspense/political thriller  including unsavory characters, behind closed doors deals, a scheme for power and an unforgettable high octane race to outsmart the bad guys. I loved everything about this book and didn't want it to end. Throughout the book I loved the relationship Sienna has with her parents. Her father is so down to earth and gives Sienna great guidance as she struggles with her relationship with God. It's funny how we let our pride get in the way sometimes and make bad decisions. Sienna must face some hard choices and trust God to help her through her journey to the truth. I highly recommend this book to those looking for a book that grabs your attention and takes you on an intriguing and emotional ride.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Bookfun.org. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment