Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

RETREAT TO SHELTER CREEK by LEE CARVER

Oh how I love the way this author writes.   She blends wonderful characters into a story that has intrigue , family values and the importance of helping others. The author is very gifted and keeps readers interested with realistic problems and solutions found through faith.

Ashley has come to take care of her grandmother that is quite ill. I loved the care Ashley showed and the unconditional love she has for her grandmother. Mama Lou is one tough lady and doesn't slow down even though she is going through a hard illness. I loved her giving heart and how much she loved the pig Beulah.  Beulah is a special pig and I loved how special she was to Ashley and Mama Lou. Ashley has more than she can handle when her husband leaves her, drains all the accounts and springs a shocking surprise on her. I was very impressed with how strong Ashley was and handled her problems with faith . She has a special relationship with her grandmother that I adored.

Austin is a wonderful character who has a lot on his shoulders. He is trying to keep the ranch going, raising his son and running a roofing business. When Austin comes to redo Mama  Lou's roof subtle sparks start flying between him and Ashley. I loved how the author brought them together and slowly developed their relationship. Things start looking up for Ashley and her grandmother until a tragedy strikes. I loved  how unexpected the story turned and brought intense drama and intrigue. I didn't see it coming but it sure was an exciting ride.

Will Ashley be able to trust her soon to be ex-husband? He seems desperate for her to sign papers. I wonder what devious scheme he has? Can Austin protect Ashley when her life is in danger? I loved how the community came together to help Ashley and Mama Lou. It was refreshing to see how much people care for one another and are willing to help at a moments notice. You don't want to miss this heart pounding story as danger draws close and faith holds people together.

I received a copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment