Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

KATIE'S QUEST by LEE CARVER

There was a time in my life that I wanted to be a missionary. I had visions of going overseas and working in an orphanage. As I read this story I realized how painful, sad and rewarding missionary work is. The author does an amazing job of describing the jungles that Katie and the team went to. The villages were sparse with comfort but plentiful with people needing medical attention.

Katie is a wonderful character who has compassion for others. Her desire to go  to these villages and help is heartwarming. I loved reading about the different people she treated and how she shared her faith with them. What really drew me to this book was how the author beautifully illustrated the compassion Katie had for the people she was treating. She worried that she wasn't doing enough, or because of the language barrier she wasn't able to share Jesus with them. God has a way for us to show His love for others just through our actions. Katie was a great example of that .

I did like the interaction between her and Matt. It is hard for Katie to let her guard down with Matt since he is a pilot. The memory of losing her fiancĂ©  from a plane accident still hurts . Will she allow Matt to help her overcome her grief? There are several times in the book where danger lurks and I found it to be intriguing as they trusted God for their safety. I can't imagine the life people live in villages that are unsafe and without food or water. The story made me cry at times as I read how desperate people are to survive. Matt really impressed me with his determination to save a young girl from a life that would place her in danger.

The author did an excellent job in reminding Katie what is really important in life. We all take things for  granted at times. Kate's experience in the jungles of Brazil have made her see that money is not important, people are . To be able to help others and give them comfort is priceless. The ending is very intense and filled with uncertainty . Will Katie and Matt survive the jungle?  I look forward to the next book in this series. With the authors expertise in missionary work, it is sure to be another exciting book.

"When you take care of them with kindness, they see Jesus in you."

I received a copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment