Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2017

KAPPY AND THE PUPPY KAPER by AMY LILLARD

I love it when an author writes a book that makes you laugh and has a mystery which is intriguing. I’m excited to read this new series and know that fans will love it. For all you cozy mystery readers I suggest you check out the new girl in town. Amy has a winner with this fun book that had me laughing and kept me on my toes. 

Kappy is a wonderful character and I loved her determination to help solve the murder of her neighbor . She is someone I would love to sit down and chat with. You can feel her warmth and willingness to help others. When her neighbor is found dead, Kappy is quick to help the son who the police suspect killed his mother. Everyone knows he wouldn’t harm anything, especially his mother. I loved reading about raising the puppies and the impeccable treatment that were given. No wonder they were prized animals since they were well fed and in perfect health. Did someone kill Ruth to gain her puppy business? It sure is strange that she is found dead when she was in the middle of perhaps a big sale to someone. Or was someone jealous of her success?

Edie has come home to deal with her mom’s death and to help her brother Jimmy out. Since he has been arrested, she needs to prove his innocence. Edie is not welcomed back to the Amish community since she has been shunned. I felt the rejection Edie was feeling when she came home. She wanted to be accepted so bad. Have you every felt rejected before ? When Kappy and Edie team up to solve the murder it is a fun and action packed story. Kappy was so welcoming to Edie and I loved how she opened her heart to Edie and make her feel part of the community. 

The book is one I found very enjoyable and impossible to put down. Kappy and Edie are an odd combination, but together they make a great team and won’t stop till they find the killer. This is the first book in a series and I’m excited to read the next. Well done Amy. You have once again written a book that grabs readers attention. Kappy, I can’t wait wait to see what you are up to next. 

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment