Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2017

OATH OF HONOR by
LYNETTE EASON

This book is one action packed story that will have readers on the edge of their seats. Izzy is a great police officer and is very smart. Her intuitions are always spot on and her keen sense of caution helps her in her job. I loved her partner Kevin. He is a rookie cop and is out to save the world. I liked how they seemed to work so well together.

One evening on a tip Kevin and Izzy go to investigate a warehouse. From the moment Kevin steps in the building, the story moves at a quick pace with intense moments. I can’t imagine how nerve racking it would be to investigate a building not knowing what you will find. It’s like going in blindly and hoping for the best. That night turns out to set in motion a riveting story. There were times I wasn’t sure who the good guys were. The author writes a suspenseful story and leaves the readers guessing at every turn.

Ryan is Kevin’s brother and a cop as well. I liked the chemistry between him and Izzy. Ryan is dealing with the loss of his brother Chris. Will his brother Kevin be able to stay out of danger? The author does a great job of keeping the action going with twists and turns. I loved reading about how elections are run and learning the ins and out of a police station. With the realism of the story, I could easily picture every movement characters were making. I love when an author can take a story and have it come to life with such vivid descriptions. The story is a sure winner with appearances from gang members, organized crime and corruption in the police department. I’m looking forward to the next installment of this series.

I received an advanced copy of this book from Librarything Early Reviewer’s Program. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I like the twist of not knowing who the good guys really are.

    ReplyDelete