Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

BLIND BETRAYAL BY NANCY MEHL

Every time I read a book from this author I am always amazed at how she can weave a story that captures your full attention. The action is non stop and the characters are exceptional. I loved how the author made it hard to determine who was the good guys and who wasn't. Just when I thought a character was trust worthy they fool me. There is definitely something strange going on when the FBI makes me question their integrity. It becomes clear that not everyone is on the same page.

Casey is a fierce character who is determined to protect a witness that has been slated to testify. Her partner E.J.  is well trained and has a keen sense of reading people. The action starts when a bomb explodes in the marshals office. The goal is to get the witness to a safe place, but obstacles get in the way. I was starting to mistrust the witness Valerie when she seems to help the bad guys find her. It's a race against the clock in this explosive and powerful cat and mouse game. Can Casey and E.J. keep Valerie alive to testify? Who is really behind all the danger that puts Casey and E.J. in danger? I love the complexity of the story and how the author puts the pieces together in an intense way that keeps you guessing till the end.  The ending is masterfully written with surprises that lead to a closure that will make you cheer.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Bethany House Publishers. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment