Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2018

FIT TO BE TIED by DEBBY MAYNE

Oh my I so much love the southern flair of this book. There is so much to like as the characters jump off the pages. I love how the author has each chapter dedicated to a certain character. This concept gives readers a chance to really know each character better. Some of you may ask who my favorite character was. I have to say all of them, because each character knits the story together. It's like in the bible where there are teachers, prophets etc. They are all needed to make things work as one. We work better when we are surrounded by others. Dare I  say we fit together like a family.

The book is focused on  the big family reunion coming up.  I know when I was growing up if anyone ever mentioned   a family reunion no one would show up. The Bucklin family is one I which I had been a part of. The big day is fast approaching and I loved reading about who was going to be invited to the big party.

I enjoyed reading about Sara and Sally; the twins,  and their bow business. Little girls love to have pretty bows in their hair and the business is booming with orders. What mom wouldn't want a special bow made just for their daughter? It would drive me crazy to make them, but it seems to keep the twins thriving in their job. I love how close they are, but how long will they continue to share a condo now that one of them is married? It reminds me of the saying, "Twos company, threes a crowd."

The author has a beautiful way of writing that emphasizes the importance of family. I couldn't wait for the big reunion to happen. Every year there is always something that goes wrong at the reunion. The author has written a story that makes you feel right at home with the Bucklin family. I would love to chat with Sara and Sally as their mother fuses over them even though they are grown.  As in every family there is always someone who is jealous of another, someone bragging about their life and shenanigans galore as the family gathers for what promises to be an unforgettable reunion.  This is a great book with lots of surprises and a reminder that family is important.

I received a copy of this book from Gilead Publishing. The review is my own opinion.






















Debby Mayne writes family and faith-based romances, cozy mysteries, and women's fiction. She is the author of more than 60 novels and novellas and more than 1,000 short stories. She and her husband live in Charleston, South Carolina. You can find out more at www.debbymayne.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment