Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

THEY CALL ME MOM by MICHELLE MEDLOCK ADAMS and BETHANY JETT

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. It was exciting and terrifying at the same time. I now had the honor of bringing a child into the world who would depend on me for everything. When I saw this devotional, I couldn’t wait to see what encouraging words were in the book. It has been almost twenty years since I had my last child but I will always be a mom and still stumble through saying the right words to them.

I loved at the beginning of the book when this was said, “God calls us chosen, empowered, treasured, and more than enough.” Oh how I needed to read those words. God has given us the tools we need to be a mom. This book is chocked full of examples of motherhood and helps you see the bigger picture. Each chapter is a different topic that gives us hope, fills us with truth and assures us through His Word that He is right there helping you be all you can be.

I enjoyed the chapter on “They call me calm in the chaos.” It talks about raising boys which I have three . It hasn’t been easy and they sure have been challenging at times. In all the chaos I treasure each hug, kiss, picture,  and words they have given me over the years. There is nothing like having sons who adore and protect their mom. I have always told my sons that they should treat their “wives as they have treated their mom.” With those words I knew they would honor and respect their mate and keep them safe. What we strive for is to “teach them to honor women as Jesus did.”

The book is well written with scriptures and personal stories that make us smile while pouring God’s Word into our soul. Each chapter has little nuggets at the end that helps you dig deeper in the Word and reinforces what the chapter is about. I loved reading the book and it has a permanent place on my bookshelf. It is there to remind me that God gave me three amazing sons and I am honored to be their mom.

I received a copy of this book from Kregel Publishing. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment