Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2020

DEADLY DECEIT by NATALIE WALTERS

This story had me from the first few pages and I knew this would be a great book. Vivian is a journalist who receives  a call from her boss to meet him. You could feel the uneasiness in  Vivian who thought it was odd he wanted to meet her. When she gets to her destination she finds her boss dead. What did he want to tell her? Her instincts kick in as she starts to dig into his death.

Ryan is a detective who is serious about his job. When he teams up with Vivian the intrigue heightens. I liked how the author showed how two characters work together as they slowly develop feelings for each other. It was nice to have the focus on the mystery more than the romance.

The author doesn’t disappoint suspense readers as the investigation finds Vivian and Ryan in danger. The twists in the story are unexpected which makes for an exciting read. I have found a new to me author who can write intriguing stories that are clean, adventurous and filled with wonderful characters.

I received a copy of this book from the Librarything Early Readers Program. The review is my own opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment