Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

DEAD TO THE LAST DROP by TONYA KAPPES

As I slipped into the story I felt a hug as the town embraced me. I was finally back in Honey Springs where the people were friendly and the rich smell of coffee greeted me. Roxy is there in her coffee shop serving up aromas that invite you to stay. Oh look there is Aunt Maxi all decked out in purple hair. The author makes me feel at home every time I read this series. The characters are so hospitable that I have decided to pretend I know them.

The town is abuzz with excitement as a play is in the works at the local theater. Aunt Maxi is sure she is the lead until in walks some lady who says she is here to be the star in the play. Now I didn’t care much for the snotty actress who thinks she is all that. How dare she take the lead from our dear Maxi. The author sets the stage for a mystery that is sure to catch the locals off guard. Now it wasn’t a surprise who was killed but oh my I had a hard time figuring our who the killer is. Roxy has her hands full once again as a killer is on the loose and the suspects start piling up.

I loved the author’s description of the different coffees and how they were roasted. I’m not a big fan of coffee, but I love to smell the rich aroma it brings. It reminds me of sitting on my grandfather’s porch late in the evening at his farm. He loved his coffee and would sit in his rocker enjoying a cup while telling me about the good old days. The story is filled with danger, intrigue and characters sure to charm anyone. Don’t miss the recipes at the end of the book.

I received an arc copy of the book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment