Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2020

THE GREEN DRESS by LIZ TOLSMA

I am enjoying this series that lets readers into a world of crime and what it might have been like to be there when it happened. This story was particularly interesting to me because of the weapon of choice to murder. It is a slow and painful way to die.

Harriet is overwhelmed when she learns her dear friend becomes very ill. It was unnerving to learn other members of the family had died much the same way. Every time I read that someone had become ill  I knew what was about to happen. The author does an amazing job of detailing the deaths and leaving a trail of suspects. The historical period was very vivid and I felt myself travel make in time to stand beside Harriet.

It was eerie to read that Mrs. Robinson continues to sew on a green dress. I had to find out what the significance the dress was to the story. I needed to know why Mrs. Robinson had premonitions about the deaths. It was a little weird that she thought her dead husband had something to do with the mystery. The story gave me chills as  I continued to read. The author keeps her readers interested with subtle hints of the mystery and what the green dress had to do with everything. The ending is a shocker and be prepared to say “I didn’t see that coming.”

"I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review."

No comments:

Post a Comment