Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

THE SHOCK OF NIGHT by PATRICK W. CARR

I don't normally read fantasy books, but I am glad I was able to read this one.  Is is set in a place that is surrounded by "The Darkwater." Just seeing that name gave me shivers. It is definitely an attention getter and to find out that it consists of a mysterious evil source had me hooked on the book.

Willet Dura is the chief detective who is loyal and very caring. He is a very likeable person and easily befriends those who are widows, children that have become orphans and yes even  prostitutes. As Willet receives a "gift" that allows him to read minds and experience their feelings, his life is turned upside down. I don't think I would want to know what other people were thinking, do you?


This book is filled with mystery, adventure , unsavory characters , murder , kidnapping and even a sword fight. Willet will have his hands full trying to stay one step ahead of those who want his "gift." Can he continue to be loyal or will something tempt him to falter? The book is well written and holds your attention as you travel to a time where it becomes hard to trust anyone in a kingdom where staying alive could mean fighting and outwitting the enemy. The story is fast paced and has a great cast of characters. Get ready for a great book that is filled with Knights, lords and people who will fight for what is right and just.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment