Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2015

THE SUPER MOM MYTH by BECKY KOPITZKE

I remember the moment I found out I was pregnant. I was ready to take on the world and be the world's best mom who could handle it all. What a dream I was living in. The minute we had that little bundle all to ourselves, my hands started to sweat as I realized I didn't  know what I was doing. I wish I had been able to read "The Super Mom Myth" and realized I was going to be ok.

The book is chalked full of helpful insights to help moms everywhere get through the day and feel good about theirselves. I definitely could relate to "The Grouch on the Couch." I seemed to be forever in a bad mood. After all, I felt like I had to do everything in order to be the best mom in the world. There was no way I was going to fail and give in to the thoughts of "You can't do this. You are a terrible mom."

As you read each chapter, there are scriptures and wisdom that transpire across the pages as the author shares her struggles and triumphs of motherhood. I loved reading her different illustrations with her children that really opened my eyes to many things I could relate to. How many of us have screamed because our child lost something or didn't do a chore.p?  Out job is to train them up, pray for them and guide them in the right direction. We also need to support them and encourage them and above all love them unconditionally .

One of the things I though was so powerful in this book was to learn to apologize to our children. "When we apologize and ask our kids for forgiveness, it teaches them that we are not perfect, nor do we expect them to be."
I loved how she has designed the book into eight different topics. It makes an easy tool to go directly to what topic you are struggling with and read that chapter. It has questions at the end of the book that is perfect for a bible study to do with others or for an individual to use .

We are not perfect but we can be great moms by praying, encouraging and keeping the Word alive in our hearts. I hope as you read this book, you find nuggets of truths that will set you free from the myth that we have to be "a super mom."

I received this book from Barbour Publushing for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment