Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

JUPITER LIGHTHOUSE MYSTERY by FREDERIC R ST LAURENT SR

I love books that have mystery, great characters and a story that is easy to follow. I found all those qualities in this great book. Right from the beginning I knew I would enjoy this book. I have always been fascinated by lighthouses. They were a beacon of light for ships at sea so they could find their way home. Lighthouses can also be mysterious and a great place to explore.

In this story we find the Simmons family getting ready for a journey they won't soon forget. One of the main things of a lighthouse is that bright light that glows in the dark across the waves. For some reason , the light wasn't there on a fateful night . Without the light to guide ships, it caused a shipwreck . What caused the light to disappear that night? What would you do if you were the captain of a ship and couldn't find your way home?

As the family starts to settle into their routine at the lighthouse, one of the children finds a logbook that contains past light keepers  notes. The author does  an amazing job of giving readers the history of lighthouses. I could picture one as he described it in vivid detail. The logbook was something I was so intrigued about. It's like a diary where secrets are stored. The captain really gave us a sense of what the days were like. Is the lighthouse haunted? What are the strange noises that are heard? I appreciated the Indian folklore and history that complimented the book. It's a great adventure to read, filled with mystery, history and a story that is a page turner. The author has a creative way to tell a story that keeps the reader's attention . I had to keep reading  the book until I finished the last page. There was no way I could stop reading until I found  how the story ended it is a very  well written mystery that will keep readers intrigued until the end.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment