Search This Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2017

SPOKEN FROM THE HEART: WALKING IN FREEDOM by CHERI SWALWELL

I couldn't wait to read this book. I really have a problem with fear. I fear that something is going to happen to me or someone in my family. I fear that we won't have enough money to pay bills and the list goes on. The enemy has done a great job of telling me lies and kept my mind captive for years. As I began the book, I wanted to shout out loud and say "thank you" to the author. It's like she wrote the book just for me and knew exactly what I have been going through. We all want to live a life of freedom, but we get trapped with walking  in condemnation and not conviction.

I loved how the author explained the difference between condemnation and conviction in a way that made it clearer for me to understand. God doesn't want us to walk around feeling guilty. What He does want is for us to recognize what we have done wrong, ask forgiveness and move on. Don't let the enemy continue to use things to keep you chained up. When the author used the term, " fight or flight " I suddenly realized I have heard people say that about me .I understand it now and know I have been the person who is anxious  and wants to hurry up and fix things or run away from my problems. I'm learning to turn to God and allow Him to speak to me and gently correct me.

I loved the chapter the author talked about being healed from a food addiction I sat up very straight and knew this chapter was for me. The author talked about her food addiction and reminded me of my own  addiction. She goes go on to talk about how she has dealt with fear in her life . That is an addiction I feel I have. I am fearful of many things and it feels like I'm addicted to fear.  I have panic attacks  that have taken over my life. I let it rule my life and continue to struggle with it even today. I am encouraged though, by reading this book that I can be set free from fear and live in freedom. I encourage everyone to get a copy if this book that will encourage you as you walk in freedom. A big thanks to the author for being transparent and sharing part of your life with us.

"Whatever challenge you are facing, if you continue to trust God, He will restore... in His time, in His way."

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment