Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

BEYOND THE PAST by JO HUDDLESTON

I am really enjoying this series. The author is great at giving us characters that come to life. The setting is at a time where people helped each other out . The family in this story seem to really look out for each other. I just love how the author takes readers to a different era and makes them feel at home.  I like the feel I get of watching the story unfold before me like watching a television show. Her writing style is beautiful and makes me want to capture every word written with enthusiasm.

Jim is a great character. He is a man who lives ups to his responsibilities and it shows through his daughter that he raised. I loved how the series is based on family values and a love that runs deep. Isn't it nice to know that no matter what, your family has your back? Emmajean will find out just how important it is to have a close family when she finds herself in trouble. I think Emmajean means well but sometimes she forgets what is important. She may be a bit too trusting and finds herself asking for help from her brother. Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out you were being used?

There are a few other characters in the book that I really enjoyed getting to know. But what I most liked about this story is the deep faith the characters have. It is a refreshing story that brought tears to my eyes at times. I wanted so bad for everything to turn out well . The story  shows how important forgiveness is. There are a few surprises that I loved and thought were brilliantly written . I love this author's writing so much and can't wait to read another book from her.

I received a copy of this book The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment