Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

SWORD of the MATCHMAKER by DEBBIE LYNN COSTELLO

I really did enjoy this book for many reasons.  The author described a place with such detail that  I saw Penelope as she galloped on her horse . I could hear  her sword as she whisked it out as the sun shone on the blade. Penelope is quite a character. She is very strong minded and not at all afraid of dashing knights . I would be shaking in my boots if I came upon a band of men decked out in armor. I loved that the author gave Penelope such a strong spirit and was a  warrior to be reckoned with. I wonder what the men thought as she said she could fight as well as any man?

Sir Thomas is a man of great strength and a knight like no other. I liked how Penelope and Sir Thomas ran into each other. I'm not sure he believes Penelope's story but alas he does take her somewhere safe. Perhaps she can find what she is looking for in the new land that Sir Thomas has accompanied her to. I loved the couple that Penelope stays with. Brithwin is a breath of fresh air. The talks she has with Penelope are nice and I liked how she shared her faith. Penelope is doubting that God answers her prayers.As Brithwin tells Penelope, "God does answer prayers, but maybe not the way we want them to be answered."

The story is fast paced and I loved the skirmish Penelope and Thomas encounter. Can Penelope save Thomas when danger comes his way.  What is that Penelope has in her possession that others will kill for? Can Sir Thomas keep her safe? The story is beautifully written with intrigue and a bit of romance. I loved how the author shared how faith can help us see things more clearly. Will Penelope learn to trust God? Don't miss this enchanting story that i didn't want to end.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment