Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2018

A WIDOW'S HOPE BY VANNETTA CHAPMAN

What a beautiful story about tragedy, hope and love. I loved the theme in the book about scars. Some people have scars that are visible. People tend to stare at the scars and judge a person. Other scars are deep and emotional. You can't see them but they are there.

Hannah is a good character and I liked how she dedicated her life to her four year old son in a wheelchair. She has had a hard time with
a loss and now must come to terms with her son's disabilities. It must be so hard to see your child go from a vibrant person, to one who needs help with simple everyday things. My heart went out to Hannah. Some may think she is overprotective, but I could understand how she wanted to make sure he was happy and enjoyed his life.

Jacob is a welcome gift from God. At least that is how I saw him. He was humble but carried a great burden that holds him back from being happy. His business is in need of some help and Hannah is perfect for the job. Her accounting ability may help get Jacob out of trouble with the IRS. I did laugh as they started spending time together because I wasn't sure who was the most stubborn.

The best part of the story for me was how a young boy named Mathew never saw himself as handicapped and never allowed Jacob's scars to stop him from being his friend. Their bond was genuine and I loved how the author used that relationship to remind us that if we look past scars and disabilities, we see what God sees in people. Emotional scars may be hidden, but God will bring those out in order to heal. Matthew is a great character who taught this reader what it means to not judge, not be afraid and to never give up.

I received a copy of this book from the author The review is my own opinion.

1 comment: