Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2018

PATRIOT  BRIDE by KIMBERLEY WOODHOUSE

The 1700s have come alive in this spirited story rich with iconic figures. How would you like to be able to say that George Washington was one of your closest friends? Faith has that distinction and  I must say how very exciting it is. She is a wonderful character full of honor and grace. I loved that she wanted to do something to help her country out in time of war. I know I could say she was brave but I think I will call her a jewel in time of need. She must know of the danger that will surround her as she takes on a very secretive mission.

Matthew has also joined forces with George and his country to outsmart the British. I was a little concerned  that Matthew was playing a double spy. Does he realize how dangerous that is?There are a few chuckles in the book when a man sets his eyes on Faith. Poor man, he is in for a heartbreak I think. As Faith and Matthew meet in secret to exchange information, a closeness develops between them.

The story is very intriguing and I loved reading about Benjamin Franklin and  Paul Revere . I could hear Paul racing through the town screaming , " The British are coming. The British are coming. " What I really liked was reading the author's notes at the end of the book. It corrected some things I didn't know about. I now know how tall George Washington really was. Also interesting was the real words that Paul Revere said. Thank you for including information that shines a new light on the truth in history.

The author keeps readers involved in the story as she places us right in the action. Her knowledge of the era is very impressive and enhances a very historic event . Will Faith and Matthew be able to keep their feelings from causing them danger as they meet each other in turbulent times? The characters are believable and the story is gripping. The ending is a must read for everyone.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Barbour Publishing. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment