Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

COLD CASE by SUSAN SLEEMAN

I have been waiting for Eryn to have her own story and it is finally here. She is my favorite character in this series. Eryn is very computer savvy and her intelligence is over the top. I don't think there is anything she can't do on a computer. Companies would be standing in line to hire her. To me she is the glue that holds Blackwell Tactical together.

The plot is perfect for Eryn as her computer is locked with ransomware. I never heard of this term, but with the excellent research by the author I know about how hackers do their dirty work. Eryn tries to play off that the threat against her isn't a big deal, but her team isn't taking any chances.

Trey has been assigned to protect her since she is determined to teach her classes at a conference.  Trey is a good guy but his feelings for Eryn could get in the way and distract him from his job to keep Eryn safe. The tension between the two is heavy and I'm not sure Eryn will let Trey into her life.

I loved how the author used the character's faith to pray protection over each other. It's a race to the end to save Eryn as the person behind the cyber attacks inches closer. Get ready for an edge of your seat ending.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment