Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

THE HOUSE AT SALTWATER POINT by
COLLEEN COBLE

Ellie is a crackerjack at fixing up houses and making a profit after selling them. I sure would like to have her talent. I loved her nickname of "Hammer -Girl." The story is very intriguing and I enjoyed trying to figure out what happened to Ellie's sister Mackenzie.  I would like to have known a bit more about Mackenzie and didn't quite relate to her at times.

Ellie doesn't believe the rumors about her sister stealing cocaine. When Mackenzie turns up missing the hunt is on for the truth. I liked how the author gave us a bit of background on Ellie and why she has a hard time believing in herself. Grayson is a bigger than life person with his size and fierce protectiveness. He wants to help Ellie but he also has a job to do. Will he help find Mackenzie and prove her innocence?

The story is unpredictable and really kept me on my toes. I wasn't sure who to believe at times which made the story so good. The author has an ability to take a plot and expand it with explosive details that keep you guessing. There is danger all around Ellie and Grayson. The terrorist part in the story was unexpected and made the book even harder to put down. It's funny what some people will do for power and money. Don't miss this intense action packed story that will have you on the edge of your seat.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment