Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2019

AMISH FRONT PORCH STORIES BY WANDA E. BRUNSTETTER, JEAN BRUNSTETTER & RICHELLE BRUNSTETTER


If you are looking for stories that captures encouragement, forgiveness, hope and unconditional love, look no further. Each story is unique and flows so gracefully that you feel a sense of peace as you read them.  It is easy to picture yourself sitting on the front porch with Amish neighbors and friends as you share your struggles and accomplishments. 

The stories are short but so relaxing to read. It was hard to pick out one story over others that I liked. Each one had different topics but you can easily relate to them. I loved how the stories help readers understand that the Amish have similar problems like us. Sometimes we can think that the Amish are different and in some ways they are. When it comes to matters of the heart, we all go through  similar feeling and realize that God needs to be a part of our lives to help us get past the mountains that block us from our faith.  

I love that  the chapters are divided into topics like peace, love, joy and other very familiar subjects related to the Fruits of the Spirit. I loved how the stories helped me see where I am struggling and it encourages me to seek God more. This book is one that should be placed on  your bookshelf to read again when you need an encouraging word. I felt like I walked away with a renewed sense of purpose and peace knowing that God is right there to lift me up.

I received a copy of this book from the authors. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment