Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021


 ALL THAT WE CARRY by ERIN BARTELS

I liked the book somewhat  but it seemed to drag in some areas. I wanted to like the characters but I began to realize they weren’t well developed. The book isn’t all bad. There are some really good moments with the sisters hiking. I enjoyed reading about their journey but was hoping for more in depth all out sharing . 

Both sisters are having a difficult time with the loss of their parents and think going on a hiking trip will help them communicate. The few times I have gone hiking all I could  do was concentrate on not falling and trying  to have enough energy to get to a resting spot. 

The story does have some  faith elements in the story which are good but  not clear. While the story has sone emotional moments, I wanted more than surface feelings. I’ve read other books by the author that have been a hit, but for me this one lacked the impact of a clear message. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads Blogging Program. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment