Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2015

THE WHOLE WORLD IS CHANGING AND I'M TO HOT TO CARE by MARTHA BOLTON

I have not laughed this much in a long time , but this book will bring a smile and laughter that is infectious. It's ok to laugh at ourselves and it's ok to feel great at any age also. The world is changing everyday. We see a new improved cell phone on the market constantly and of course there is the latest and biggest television know to man waiting to be taken home. With her wit and humor the author brings a book filled with great insight to getting older while still having fun. Change is ok, we just need to embrace it.

I always thought of myself as the cool mom. The one whose children were not ashamed to hang out with. But to my surprise "the cool mom" is gone according to my sixteen year old son. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Then I realized, I'm old according to him, and I'm now in the not cool mom group and please don't hug me in front of my friends  embarrassment parent section. Well as the author writes, "We're all getting older, so let's face it. But let's do it with humor!"

Her take on tweeting and texting had me rolling on the floor. It is so true that you can say anything while texting and no one will know if it is true or not. I guess I could say I was making an important speech at the White House, when actually I'm at the library trying to find a book on how to stay fit for dummies. We all want our lives to sound exciting, but really we need to be content where we are right now .

As she spoke about the temperature and how her husband and herself had to learn to compromise , I found my head shaking in agreement. We all want our way, but as we get older we find it is not as important as it use to be. Compromise  is a way to come together and forget the unimportant things and enjoy life to the fullest. it sure does cut down on hurt feelings and needless anger.

I enjoyed this book so much with the examples  the author wrote and the encouragement she gives us to enjoy life to the fullest. We sometimes forget the simple things in life, like a thank you to someone who surprised you with a gift. We need to make memories now for our children so they can cherish those long after we are gone. I don't want to live with regrets, but I do want to leave a legacy. I want my children to say, "my mom was full of life, laughed a lot, loved  God and had no regrets. "

Thank you for writing a book that made me laugh, gave me a new outlook on life and encouraged me to embrace my age and have fun.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment