Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

UNTAMED by JASON CLARK

We all have dreams and visions of doing something exciting, something worthwhile or just hoping for a brighter future. God has a plan for each one of us. Are we listening to Him? Do we sometimes ignore His direction? It is hard to hear His voice if we are busy or ignoring what He is saying to us. "Prayer is one of the ways we learn how to hear God when He speaks to our hearts -when He describes how He loves us." Prayer is so important in our daily life. We get to spend time with God, getting to know Him and developing a deeper relationship with Him.

The author says , "I would like to suggest an untamed life begins when we believe He loves us. " he loves us no matter what . Isn't that good news? It doesn't matter what you have done, He forgives us and loves  us unconditionally. That is something for us to get excited about.

I've heard a lot of pastors talk about the wilderness. It's that place where we feel disappointment, pain, or grief and God shows up and teaches  us how to love again, feel His grace and wipe our tears away. We all go through trials but as we go through them , we become stronger and begin to trust Him more.

Throughout  the book the author has written a very in depth journey to living a life filled with His promise and free of fear to pursue Him without question. The book is very encouraging and has many examples of God's love for us. I loved when the author said these inspiring words, "When we see ourselves through out Father's eyes , we are empowered to dream in the authority of our identity, our promise." I have said for a long time that I want to see others the way Jesus sees them. Now I want to say also I want to see me the way Jesus sees me. That for me is total freedom and abandon to see myself as he sees me.

"It's time to live untamed. It's time to wake the sleeping giant within. It's time to believe and experience signs and wonders. It's time to believe His promises and run headlong into a greater works life."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment