Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

MISSISSIPPI NIGHTS by D. M. WEBB

Wow! Yes that's how I will start my review. I have never read such a powerful book about forgiveness , unconditional love and redemption before. This  is one book that will stay with me forever. It may be a fiction book, but it is reality for many people right now. Have you ever had something happen to you that  was so devasting that you didn't think you could go on? That is exactly what David thought as he deals with the horrible death of his fiancĂ© . He blames his brother Jeremy for not trying to save her from the burning fire.

David spirals out of control and turns to alcohol to help ease his pain. When he decides to go home to get help, he still has to face his brother who he still blames for his fiancé's death. Will David be able to let go of his bitterness? There is a strong family standing beside him to help, but will he be to stubborn to allow them to help? The author has written such a heartwrenching story of how unforgiveness can destroy a person's life. How many of us still hold unforgiveness in our heart? Sometimes we have to reach the bottom of the pit before we surrender to God for help .

There is so much pain, sorrow and regret in this story that tears came to my eyes. The author wrote such a realistic story, I felt like I was there with the family as they try to intervene and reach a very desperate man. The emotions are raw and you can feel the urgency David has to overcome his addiction. I loved how the author brought Godly people into his life . Will he finally call out to God for help ? I highly recommend this book to everyone. We all fall and stumble, but we make the choice whether to turn to God or continue on a destructive path.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment