Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2016

THE RECTOR by MICHAEL THOMPSON

This was such a fun read for me. I love mysteries and when you add a bit of southern charm, well I'm set for the evening. The book is fast paced and oh my the characters are great. I loved Martha McRae and her sweet  And friendly southern charm.  She lives in a quaint little town in Mississippi where everyone is friendly. The book reminded me of the show "Murder She Wrote." The main character was a sweet woman but she really had a knack for solving mysteries, like Martha does.

The town has a great little diner where the locals eat at. I could picture families eating and waitresses bustling around taking orders. The atmosphere was light as everyone was enjoying their meal. Suddenly the rector dies right in front of everyone. That will definitely spoil a meal for the townspeople. As Martha starts to dig into the death, it seems the town has some secrets . What are these secrets? Will it lead to the killer?

The plot is well developed and keeps readers on their toes. I wonder why a new rector suddenly shows up in town? Does anyone know him? News travels fast , I guess when a murder happens. Did the newspaper put an ad in the paper, " Local Rector dies, looking for a replacement." I mean the new rector was there before the body was even cold it seems. I loved how the author sprinkled scriptures throughout the story which encouraged the characters. I'm excited to know that there will be more in this well written, funny and exciting mystery series.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment