Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2016

THE RINGMASTER 'S WIFE by KRISTY CAMBRON

Sometimes I find it difficult to review a book. I can't find the right words to say or my thoughts can't seem to come  together. This book is one that I will never be able to truly do justice for. It is without a doubt , one of the most masterfully written stories that I have  ever read. The description of the "Greatest Show On Earth" was so vivid I found myself closing my eyes for a moment. I could hear the laughter of the children as they watched the clowns.. I heard the gasps from the audience  as the trapeze artists flew flawlessly across the sky. The animals were magnificent and the performers were perfect. The author has written a story that gives us a glimpse into the circus life. It is hard work and often times exhausting. But the show is always spectacular and breathtaking.

I loved how the author weaved history and fiction together to give us a story filled with sorrow, hope, expectations, trust, faith , forgiveness and devotion. I enjoyed reading about how  Mable met John Ringling. It was fascinating to read how the circus started and all the behind the scenes that took place. Mable was a kind and giving woman. She loved the circus and knew how important it was to her husband. What I liked most about her was how she didn't like the limelight. She was content in being  on the sidelines and doing things behind the scenes. She didn't want any recognition for who she was or what she did. She was a true humble woman who graced the circus world with her warmth and integrity.

Rosamund who is a fictional character in the story finds herself traveling to retrieve her beloved horse who has been sold to Colin to use in the circus. Their chemistry was instant it seemed and I really liked how the characters had a fierce loyalty to their dreams. Rosamund is a very experienced horse rider and has been doing tricks on her horse with ease. Colin was very keen on her abilities and is determined to get her into the show. Will Rosamund leave the luxury of her life and fall in love with the circus? What dangers will she face ? Will Colin be able to win Rosamund's trust?

I loved the history at the back of the book. It is very detailed and really brought the story to a remarkable visualization of everyone that was involved in the beginning of the circus. There were a couple of things that really stood out to me in the book. I loved Mable saying this,"Maybe He's always been here, we just haven't really looked to see Him. Maybe there's something bigger at work than the two of us." We don't know our future, but with His  direction He will guide us if we allow Him to. The characters all had dreams, just like we do. Can we trust God to help us see our dreams come true?

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild for an honest review.










.

No comments:

Post a Comment