Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2016

PROOF by JORDYN REDWOOD

I am a huge fan of medical mystery books like Richard Mabry writes. This book is definitely right up there with his caliber of writing . I just discovered that the author has written a couple of other books that will be on my list to buy next. I'm excited that I found a new author that writes suspenseful books with a medical theme.

 As Lilly works in the ER of a hospital, I can visualize her movements with perfect precision. She is very skilled and well liked at her job. One day the unthinkable happens to her. She has been viciously raped and the police suspect several other cases are similar to hers. Her emotional state was well written and I could feel her sinking deeper into depression. Her work is being affected and she is borderline on the brink of a nervous breakdown when she discovers something that happened after her rape. What is it that will cause her to  turn away from her friends? What secret Is  she  hiding? I wanted to hug her and tell her everything was going to be alright. I felt her pain and her despair.  Have you ever thought that you couldn't handle a situation?  "Sometimes , God will bring you to the end of yourself so that all you see is him."

The medical aspect of the story is riveting and I loved the knowledge the author shows about DNA in her writing. It is very detailed and really gave me insight into something I was not familiar with. I appreciate the intricate storyline and how one things ties to another. I loved the spiritual references throughout the book and how some of the characters relied on their faith and were comfortable praying for situations. I loved the mention of sacrifice. It was well placed in the story and reminds readers that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

The ending is an on the edge of your seat action packed thrill ride. How far would you go to prove your innocence?

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment