Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

MARY CHOSEN OF GOD by DIANA WALLIS TAYLOR

I really love books that are fictionalization of bible stories. Sometimes they are just straight forward with no real descriptions or anything to help the reader to connect to the book. In this case, the author has done an outstanding  job of retelling  a very important story that completely captivated me. I saw the breads, the fruits and other delicious items on the table as Mary's family sat down to partake of a meal that came from God's provision. I loved how the author made me feel like I was sitting at the table listening to Mary talk to her parents. I envisioned a sweet soft voice as she spoke of her love for The Most High.

I was so impressed with the way the author told the story of Mary and how she made such beautiful descriptions of the time period and the feelings that Mary experienced when she realized she was carrying a special child. I imagine there was much talk and whispers about Mary when she became pregnant. I have read the story many times, seen movies about Mary and the birth of Christ. This time I felt the story deep in my soul as the author wrote with grace and compassion about the mother of Jesus. I loved how Mary continuously prayed for guidance and believed without question that her son was destined for greatness.

The author has given me a new author to read now that I have had  the honor of reading her book. It is parallel to the story in the bible but adds real depth and brings the story to life with vivid details. The true unconditional love that Mary had for her son is written with emotions that brought tears to my eyes. I hope everyone will grab a copy of this book. It is a magnificent retelling of Mary and the son who would one day set us free.

"Therefore , let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Yeshua, whom you crucified , both Lord and Messiah."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.





No comments:

Post a Comment