Search This Blog

Saturday, April 22, 2017

PURSED by LISA HARRIS

The book starts out with terror in the skies and doesn't let up as Nikki is on the case of a missing woman. What would you do if you were sitting on a plane talking to someone and there is no record of them being on the flight? Nikki knows the missing woman was there and will not stop till the mystery is solved.  Who is the man sitting next to him on the plane? I love this character because she is determined, smart , relies on God and is resilient. I loved how the author allows Nikki to be vulnerable at times and allows readers to see in her weakest moments she calls out to God.

I really am not a big fan of flying and the opening scene was so well written I felt like I was on the plane waiting for the crash to happen. The author writes such explosive scenes that pop off the page with heart pounding speed. Nikki has been assigned the case for the missing woman on the plane and gets deeper into a story that had my adrenaline pumping . Nikki and her partner Jack seem to find danger as each turn they take in the case . I began to wonder just  how much Nikki was going to be able to endure when she encounters life threatening injuries . The story is a web of deceit, secrets and twists that keep readers on the edge of your seat.

I enjoyed the interactions between Nikki and Tyler.  After being apart due to work, they finally hope to spend some much needed time together. Will Nikki's job leave Tyler second guessing their relationship? Can Nikki and her team find the missing woman before disaster strikes? Get ready for action at full throttle  in this installment of The Nikki Boyd Files.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Books and Librarything Early Readers Program. The review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment