Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

TURBULENCE by ALANA TERRY

I always enjoy reading books from this author. She tackles tough subjects with grace and honesty. The story is well written with high volume action and unexpected turns. I love Kennedy and her thirst for life. She questions her purpose at times, which I think we all do.

I was glad to see Willow front and center in this book. She is my favorite character because I can relate to her so much. She can be rough around the edges but oh my does she have a thirst for life .  I live that she is not afraid to express herself through her clothes , hair or take on life. As Kennedy and Willow fly to Alaska for some much needed rested, a crisis happens on the plane. I loved how the author used profiling in the story. I think a lot of us are quick to assume someone is guilty just by their race. What is so great about this story is that things are not as they seem. What happens on the plane to cause passengers to fear for their life? It is a gripping story that had me turning pages as fast as I could.

As the turmoil continues on the plane, Kennedy starts to question why she hasn't witnessed to Willow before. She has talked about God, but not really explained how Willow can have a personal relationship with Him. Will it be too late for Kennedy to lead her friend to Jesus? We get to see a couple of characters in the book that play a  big role in Kennedy's life. Is something big about to change for her? One of the biggest questions I think the book explores  is how far are you willing to go for a cause? The other pressing question is, are you willing to sacrifice yourself in order to save others? Grab this book and get comfy as you experience a book that explores turbulence in the lives of others.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment