Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

   HONEYSUCKLE DREAMS by DENISE HUNTER

There is nothing better than a book that sweeps you up and puts you smack dab in the center of the story. The author knows how to capture characters with real problems and let them unfold with emotions. I loved the characters so much that I was hoping someone would turn the book into a movie.

It's not everyday you hear about a single father but Brady is an example of not running away but stepping up to his responsibilities. He is so kind and loves his son Sam with all his heart. I loved reading about the interaction between father and son. Brady knows what it is like to be abandoned by parents and will do everything he can to make Sam feel loved and wanted.

His best friend Hope is smart, pretty and smitten with Sam. I liked how she helped Brady out by watching Sam when needed. She has a great career on the radio with hopes of one day getting the job of her dreams. Hope has carried around a fear of losing people she loves since the loss of someone special some years back. I think that holds her back from being in a serious relationship.

When there is a chance that Brady  could lose custody of Sam he asks Hope for help. I was quite surprised at what he wanted them to do, but I admired him for wanting to keep Sam. The story is filled with surprises and keeps readers glued to their seats. It's a love story like none I've ever read. How far would you go to help a friend?  Fear plays a big part in the story and I liked how the author used faith examples to help the character work through fear. Both Brady and Hope deal with abandonment issues and it causes distance between them. Can they work through their problems and give Sam a safe and loving home? Don't miss the discussion questions at the back of the book. They are good questions that make you examine your life and increase your faith.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment