Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2018

THROUGH THE AUTUMN AIR by
KELLY IRVIN

This has been such an enjoyable story to read. Mary Katherine is a wonderful character who loves her ten children. She has been widowed for several years and some people in the community think its time for her to start courting again. I loved that the author made the main characters a bit older. It is refreshing to read about older people finding love again. I loved Mary Katherine's desire to open a bookstore. That has been a dream of mine for a long time.

Ezekiel is also widowed and owns the Purple Martin Cafe. He is always busy and has little time to socialize. Things may be changing because I feel that love is in the air. Will these two wonderful people find their way to each other?

My favorite character was Burke. He seemed down on his luck and was in need of a helping hand. I loved how Mary Katherine and Ezekiel take an interest in Burke. I'm not sure what I would do if I found a stranger in my home making a sandwich, but Mary Katherine is graceful as she offers him a place to sleep in the barn. Burke is a man of God but he has lost his way. What caused him to stray from God? 

The story is a delight to read and I loved the mystery that the author included in the story. Someone is going around to Amish homes and stealing things. They aren't items of real value but the thought of someone breaking in makes the town uncomfortable. I loved how the author used people in the story to help them overcome heartbreak and loneliness. Burke is not from around the community but their hospitality was very encouraging. It reminds us not to judge and remember that people are out there in the world hurting. I loved the story and how nice it was to see people working together. The book is well written and fills readers with hope, fellowship and a feeling of belonging.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment