Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

KICK-START THE NEW YOU by INGRID MACHER

I loved, loved , loved this book. The author shared such an amazing story that I was captivated. It seems all of us need a wake up call every once in awhile. She definitely got hers as she struggled to breathe that morning thinking it was the end. I appreciate her honesty and definitely relate to the negative thinking she opens the first chapter with. How many of us say we are fat, we aren't pretty, we can't lose weight? I can raise my hand and say I am guilty of beating myself up on a daily basis.

Now it's time to change those negative thoughts and replace them with healthy positive thoughts. It is time to take control of our health and get back in shape. I loved her idea about taking a picture of yourself before you begin your weight loss program. What better way to motivate yourself then to see what you look like now and visualize what you will look like as the pounds fall off.

I am so encouraged by this book and how she blasts every myth we have come to believe. I read each one twice just to make sure I would remember them. It is about quality of exercise not quantity. I have so often tried different exercises, stopped eating three meals a day  and even told myself if I work out more, I can lose more. The book is very helpful and is a great motivator. The author gives readers tips on what is good to eat and encourages you to incorporate those foods into your daily meals. After reading this book, I have realized I have been starving myself and going in a vicious cycle of trying to lose weight the wrong way. Thank you for such a well informed, detailed and inspiring book. I am determined to follow this book and lose the weight and get my energy back without diets, or unnecessary workout routines.  Yes I am starting the 21-day challenge and ready for a change. Make sure you check out the delicious recipes provided at the end of the book. As with any weight loss program, the author encourages you to consult with your doctor before starting any program.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment