Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A ROYAL CHRISTMAS WEDDING by RACHEL HAUCK

When I was younger I always dreamed of a fairytale wedding. I wanted the beautiful sweeping wedding dress and a white carriage to ride in to the church. There would be a red carpet for me to walk on and as I saw my prince I would hear harps playing in the background. Yes I bet young girls everywhere had similar dreams about their weddings. This  story is enchanting, graceful and filled with forgiveness and love. I enjoyed the references to faith throughout the book that wasn't overwhelming but subtle.

Avery had her heart broken several years ago by Prince Colin. Now she and her mother are traveling to see her sister in Brighton Kingdom for Christmas. It will be a nice distraction for  them since the death of Avery's father. There is one slight problem though. Who do you think she will run into when she gets to Brighton? Will she be able to forgive Colin for the pain he caused her?

Colin is a handsome and very eligible bachelor. All the young women are vying for his attention. Even though he is seeing someone,  will old feelings stir up when he sees Avery again? It must be hard to grow up in a royal family. There are protocols to be followed and appearances made with the up most of refrain. Can you imagine always being in the spotlight and everything you do is scrutinized? Colin has a strong sense of faith and I loved how he stands up to his dad with great respect.

One of the best parts of the story for me was the  Pembroke Chapel Bell. The history goes back one hundred eighty- two years and was so interesting to read. For me the bell was the focal point for the entire story. I loved the details of it and how the author brought the bell to be a part of a beautiful love story. I really enjoyed the book and thought it flowed well. Will Avery find her Prince? Will Prince Colin listen to God and follow his heart? Get ready for a story that is faith filled with a romance that little girl's dream of.

I received this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment